New student enrollment for school year 2024-2025

Register for the 2024-25 school year here.  Please make sure to check the 24-25 school year in your application. If you'd like to apply for the 23-24 school year, check that year instead. This application includes Magnet enrollment. 

We offer choices to suit every kind of student: Traditional schools, Montessori schools, magnet programs and schools with special programming, and Career and Technical Education (CTE) pathways programs. Some of our high schools are aligned with area colleges and universities and share courses, providing students with college credits.

Parents of students with special needs who were previously enrolled in a separate setting /self-contained class should report to Special Education Services with their student’s current Individual Education Plan (IEP).

The above links should be used for all students new to the district and all existing SBCSC students applying to a new school or magnet program for the 2024-25 school year.

Step One: Eligibility

To enter kindergarten, children must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2024. Older students must be under age 21 on the first day of school to enroll. 

Step Two: Choose a school

Enter your home address in the School Locator here to determine your base school and apply to that school


Select YES on the first question to access our magnet programs registration 


Select South Bend Virtual (for students in 4-12 grade)

*Sometimes a student may be placed at a school other than the assigned school to receive special education, language services, or to accommodate special circumstances.

Students entering ninth grade have additional choices; they may choose to:

  1. Apply to one of the high school magnet programs (please select yes to access the magnet registration) 

Contact Mary Alexander at 574-393-6047, malexander4@sb.school with questions.

Step Three: Required forms to enroll your child in grades 1 through 12

Mail copies of these items to the school:

  • Child's birth certificate

  • Proof of address - Examples: A current lease, rent receipt, utility bills, bank statement, etc.

  • Proof of these immunizations required by the Indiana State Department of Health. Use the Immunization Record form below. Free immunizations are available in our community. 

  • These forms - You will need to download each of these forms, fill them out, and mail them to the school.

Physical Form and Health History Immunization Record
Vision Exam Dental Exam
CHIRP Permission Form (Spanish version) - This allows the Health Department to notify you in case of an outbreak of disease in our area. Permission to Use Technology (Spanish version)
Parent Medical Consent (Spanish version) Work Survey

NOTE: Your child is not officially enrolled in school until you have mailed the above-required paperwork and the school has approved the enrollment.

New student enrollment

New student enrollment









Photo collage