The INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY Program is part of the SBCSC Career & Technical Education (CTE) Department and aligns with the Indiana Department of Education College & Career Pathways.
The Indiana College & Career Pathways provide an aligned sequence of secondary and postsecondary courses leading to an industry-recognized credential, technical certification, or an associate or baccalaureate degree at an accredited postsecondary institution for careers that are high wage and/or high demand in Indiana.
Careers in this cluster focus on design, development, support and management of hardware, software, multimedia, and systems integration services.
Indiana DOE Career Cluster: Information Technology
Indiana DOE Pathway: PC Networking & Support
About the Information Technology program:
- Two year program of study for Juniors & Seniors from all South Bend high schools
- Classroom/lab is located at Riley High School
- Provides students with classroom and hands-on, real-world, laboratory experience in current and emerging technologies
- Students will develop an understanding of IT professionalism including the importance of ethics, communication skills, and knowledge of the 21st Century "virtual workplace"
- Knowledge will empower students to enter employment, and/or further their education at college or other post-secondary educational schools
- Fulfills dual credit and industry certification requirements for Core 40 with Technical Honors diploma (and) Core 40 with Academic Honors Diploma
- Dual credits are available through Vincennes University
- Internationally recognized industry certifications are available through CompTIA, Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard (HP), Cisco, VMware, Amazon Web Services, and others.
- Opportunity to compete in SkillsUSA competitions
The SBCSC Information Technology Program is a CompTIA Authorized Academy Partner which assists academic institutions in enhancing the learning experience for students preparing for an IT career.
The SBCSC Information Technology Program is a Pearson Vue Authorized Test Center providing students on-site certification testing in a familiar classroom environment.